Monday, February 20, 2012

Highlight of the week - Valentine's Day, Chanel, etc

Last week was Valentine's week and it was a busy busy week. I had to attend 6 meetings, went out of town and back. I made my first batch of homemade macarons on Thursday night and fed my team on Friday. I tried to make a collage and here are a couple of photos of my week. 

On another note, I found out that Hugh Hefner of all people is really into scrapbooking which has inspired me. He has and hundreds of albums cataloging every event of his life. Since I don't have time to print and glue every photos, I find that working on this blog will be my way of archiving my life. 


1. Valentine candies

2. Tender beef ramen at Ajisen Ramen

3. Saboten set (tempura prawn, loin and tenderloin) at Saboten Japanese. The quality of the meat was really good and fresh (non-greasy). However the over 40 minutes wait time was a bit much for "fast food". I would only go back if they can speed up their service.

4. Xiaolongbao at Northern Delicacy. Very juicy dumplings but the filling was a little overly stuffed.

5. Organic white chocolate bar and a Bee (mine) chocolate from Meinhardt

6. Beef brisket and tendon soup noodle from Northern Delicacy

7. Lamb chop dinner from Kisamos Greek Tavern in Steveston, Richmond (3420 Moncton Street). The food has improved a lot since I was last there. The lamb chop was cooked perfectly to my liking (medium well) but still remained very juicy and properly marinated.

8. Small simple arrangement on the dinner table.

9. Valentine's Day themed Sephora purchase: Stila Blush in Love At First Blush (shimmery pink, pearl, coral),Sephora by OPI Nail Polish  in It's All About Me and A True Romantic. They also gave me a few samples to celebrate love.

10.  Chanel slingback and Chanel logo necklace.


1. Gifted floral arrangement.

2 & 3. I made a simple and straight to the point V-Day card (cut out of my hands and made an accordion strip to hold the two hands together) for my boyfriend.<3

4. Homemade lobster and clams linguine with spinach.

5.Another gifted  pastel roses.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I always visit and comment back. And if you would like to follow, I would love to keep in touch. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lane Crawford - US