Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Instagram Volume 1

I have finally converted to an iPhone 5 (a few weeks ago now) and have since become an Instagram addict. 
If you'd like, find me on Instagram @chicadvisor for up to the minute updates.
Otherwise I will update some Instagram moments on here every couple weeks.

Beloved Valentino rockstud platform sandals. I am head over heels for this and this. :)


Elie Tahari boots and Chanel hobo. The round base of this bag allows me to stuff so much into it and the wider shoulder strap doesn't make carrying all that "stuff" a chore.
There is a story behind these boots. I was in New York with my girlfriends 3 years ago and I saw these boots on the clearance rack at Barneys and they were already on sale for $595 from $795. The sign on the rack says "Take an additional 50% off". And I thought I had scored BIG so immediately brought the boots to the cash register. To my disappointment, they were misplaced and NOTon clearance. I was already too much in love with them and bought them anyways.
When Chanel released the Le Boy bag in 2011, I hated it.  Well, it's a different story now. I think this bag is the perfect blend of classic and new Chanel style and it is so appropriate to wear with casual outfits. She was shipped to me from Chanel Paris (the Avenue Montaigne store to be exact).

Trusty work totes. Stylish and functional. Fendi Peekaboo and Celine Mini Luggage. Thinking of this Valentino tote or this Mulberry Baywater in snakeprint next.


Balenciaga wedge sandals (lusting over these Burberry's) and Wolford tights with metallic threading for a bit of funk.

New Alaia heels (quite loving these Givenchy's). Have not worn them yet; will report back on whether or not they are worth breaking the bank for.

Sexy cut out Chanel booties. I am starting a bad addiction with two-tone colour shoes.


American Apparel circle scarf // Alexander Wang chunky knit sweater // Mackage coat // JBrand jeans (similar) // Gap leopard print loafer-style flats


Georges (my Frenchie) in American Apparel hoodie.
Utility vest from South Korea // Brooch pin is Elie Tahari // Louis Vuitton boots


I drew inspiration from my Marc by Marc Jacobs lap top bag.

Aztec print DIY nail art. The base is Ciate in Speed Dial and I used Sharpie ultra fine point marker in red, purple and black to draw the prints.

This one was inspired by the MAC holiday packaging.


I went out for tea with my boyfriend's mom and sister so didn't have time to shoot myself in these.
3.1 Phillip Lim embellished cardigan (quite like this one) // Miu Miu coat with DIY bow pin// Chanel bag  // Christian Louboutin pumps 


Some pretty and classic Chanel pieces my mom gave me: Chanel jacket, Chanel No. 5 and Coco perfume, a grey original reissue 2.55 flap bag from 2005 celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Chanel flap bag.



Here I am with my friend Lizzie and Archie at the MAC x Archie's release event.



I only walked away with a lip gloss and an eye liner.  Some of the colours were either too similar to what I already have or too goth.
Casual Sunday look: Vince sweater // Oasap vest (gifted) // iPhone 5 case by Kate Spade // Chanel Le Boy bag // J Brand jeans // Miu Miu glitter sneakers
Wheew, only 3 days 'till the weekend. Have a great Wednesday!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @ChicAdvisor for updates. And when the weather picks up in Vancouver, I promise there will be new outfit posts.

Until next time...

Love,
Jacquie

6 comments:

  1. nice very good

    http://jassmeenmode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice nails ;)
    great blog ! Would you like to follow each other ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics, dear
    xoxo

    http://yuliasi.blogspot.com/
    love, Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the chanel purse and the celine purse
    http://borntodieforfashion.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi jacquie!! I stumbled upon your blog after you followed me on Instagram!!
    now I am enjoying my free Tuesday and reading your blog :))
    I had the same feeling about the chanel boy at the beginning, but now I think I love it!! it is on my wish list :))

    Btw, I am having a giveaway on my blog now, please feel free to enter <3
    http://jadeinthepalace.blogspot.de/2013/03/my-1st-giveaway.html

    Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words. I always visit and comment back. And if you would like to follow, I would love to keep in touch. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lane Crawford - US