Thursday, February 2, 2012

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

It was meant to be!
As I was scrolling through these photos of Harry Winston on Fifth Ave, New York, this very old Marilyn Monroe song came on. Out of curiousity, I looked up the lyric and I must say it is pretty funny and materialistic.



The French are glad to die for love.

They delight in fighting duels.

But I prefer a man who lives

And gives expensive jewels.

A kiss on the hand

May be quite continental,

But diamonds are a girl's best friend.





A kiss may be grand

But it won't pay the rental

On your humble flat

Or help you at the automat.





Men grow cold

As girls grow old,

And we all lose our charms in the end.





But square-cut or pear-shaped,

These rocks don't loose their shape.

Diamonds are a girl's best friend.





Tiffany's!

Cartier!

Black Starr!

Frost Gorm!

Talk to me Harry Winston.

Tell me all about it!

There may come a time

When a lass needs a lawyer,

But diamonds are a girl's best friend.

There may come a time

When a hard-boiled employer

Thinks you're awful nice,

But get that ice or else no dice.

 

He's your guy

When stocks are high,

But beware when they start to descend.

 

It's then that those louses

Go back to their spouses.

Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

 

I've heard of affairs

That are strictly platonic,

But diamonds are a girl's best friend.

And I think affairs

That you must keep liaisonic

 

Are better bets

If little pets get big baguettes.

 

Time rolls on,

And youth is gone,

And you can't straighten up when you bend.



But stiff back

Or stiff knees,
You stand straight at Tiffany's.

Diamonds! Diamonds!

I don't mean rhinestones!

But diamonds are a girl's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words. I always visit and comment back. And if you would like to follow, I would love to keep in touch. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Lane Crawford - US